by Jill Feblowitz, Vice President, IDC Energy Insights
What are some of the key challenges in the business, regulatory, and IT environments of power and gas companies?
Optimizing assets across the portfolio in order to increase profits and cut costs is a critical topic to business leaders today in trading, risk management, and logistics departments across energy companies. Variability in regulations and regional supply and demand fundamentals makes uncertainty a three dimensional threat.
This new white paper gives you a closer look at some of these challenges and provides essential guidance you need to consider in order to take hedging and risk management to the next level across your portfolio.
“With advances in technology, it may be time for companies to evaluate their current systems for long-term planning, short term planning, and energy trading and risk management.”
- Jill Feblowitz, IDC Energy Insights
Including an overview of the current marketplace, this white paper addresses:
- The changing composition of generation resources and feedstock
- Companies trading in energy commodity face swings in feedstock costs and peaks in market price
- Asset owners are reshaping their portfolios
- Challenges faced with IT and resource management
- What the future holds for energy companies